Edit 'Document Template' screen
The ‘Edit Document Template’ screen shows the ‘Settings and Navigation’ menu on the left of the screen and the fully generated Document Template on the right.
Sections of the ‘Settings and Navigation’ menu:
View all Templates Button will take you to the view all document templates table.
General Settings is where you define the: Document Name, description, whether the template is activated.
Calculated Value Settings is where you define the Number of Facilities, Number of Incentives, Number of Transactions.
Display Settings allow you to ‘Show Sections,’ which displays a highlighted outline of the section blocks within a Document. Or ‘Hide Sections,’ which effectively displays how a Document would look after being generated. We recommend testing your document in a proposal before a presentation to ensure it meets your specifications and edits.
Custom Reference Variables allow you to create either Fixed Value, User Input, Reference Value, or ETB sheet variables to use in your document.
Custom User Inputs allows you to add user inputs in the form of text, date, number, or paragraph to your document.
Navigation Menu shows the Heading levels and Heading sub-levels, as organized in the Table of Contents.
‘Edit Page’ Settings:
By hovering the mouse over the document and clicking the blue edit icon at the top of the document, you can access the 'Edit Page' setting. You can also add a page above or below in the document by clicking the green arrows.
- Page Orientation: choose either Portrait or Landscape
- Headers and Footers: choose to ‘Include’ Headers and Footers on a given page
- Define the Top, Bottom, Left, Right margin pixel padding. 72 px is the default setting.
‘Edit Section’ Settings:
Similar to 'Edit Page,' you can access the 'Edit Section' settings by hovering the mouse over a given section and clicking the blue icon. You can also easily add content below or above a given section by clicking the green arrows.
Note: to “Edit a Section,” the user must choose “Show Sections” under the Display Settings.
- Repeating: used to cycle through and repeat a Section with multiple: Facilities, Transactions, or Incentives in a given Proposal.
- Non-Repeating: used to only create the Section once in a given Proposal.
- Number of Columns: define the number of Columns (1 to 4) for a given Section.
- Column Width: define the width of each respective column (total page width is 12).
- Column Background: define background color using the RGB color model.
- Define the Top, Bottom, Left, Right border style (None, Dotted, Dashed, Solid).
Display Conditions is where you define whether a facility contains at least one, none, or apply no display conditions for each of the following:
- Solar PV Array
- Energy Storage
- Rebates & Incentives
- Rate Schedules
Copy & Paste: users can copy & paste entire ‘Sections’ of a Document, either from the same Document or a separate Document. Be sure to pay attention to the section's settings being “Repeating” or “Non-Repeating.” This can be done across different browser tabs.
‘Add/Edit Content’ in a ‘Section’:
In any given section, you can hover the mouse of content within that section and choose to add additional content above or below by clicking on the green arrows. When adding ‘Content’ to a ‘Section,’ ETB will ask the user to ‘Select Content Type.’
- Section: a ‘Section’ within a ‘Section.’ We call this an ‘Inner-Section.’
- Heading: add/edit a ‘Heading,’ which gets linked and displayed in the Table of Contents. You can choose from multiple heading levels to be displayed in the Table of Contents.
- Paragraph: add/edit Text or a ‘Calculated Value.’
- Image: add/edit an ‘Image.’ Images can be a 'Fixed Image,' which would be the same each time the document is rendered, or a 'Placeholder' that will prompt a unique image each time the document is rendered.
- Table: add/edit a ‘Table’ of data (either an ETB template ‘Table’ or ‘Custom Table’)
- Chart: add/edit an ETB template ‘Chart’
- TOC: add/edit a ‘Table of Contents'.
- Page Break: add/edit a ‘Page Break’ to separate sections into individual pages
To edit content within an existing section, you can hover over the desired section and click to present section edits on the left side of the screen. Each content type has its own unique set of values available for editing to fully customize proposals.
The 'Edit Document Template' tool in the ETB platform is a comprehensive, powerful tool. We recommend you arrange training with your account manager so you can fully understand the functions within the editor and use it to its fullest potential.