Acumen EMS™ Installation Instructions: Section 2 - Delta_Samsung ESS w/ Acumen EMS
2.0 Acumen EMS™ kit of parts
Specific to the Delta Electronics BESS this EMS will be integrated with, you should have received the following parts directly from Energy Toolbase Software, Inc.
Installers may need to supply shielded communications cabling, additional twisted pair CT extension cabling (when necessary), DIN Rail, and some mounting bolts or screws.
2.1 Mounting EMS PC
The site controller comes with a DIN rail mount for a secure and quick mounting of the PC. The physical location of the PC installation should provide reasonable protection from environmental conditions including water egress, humidity, and direct sunlight. Although the device is rated for extreme temperatures, providing a sheltered location will prevent undue damage and accelerated aging of the system.
When installing the Acumen EMS™ with the Delta Electronics auxiliary power and controls cabinet, there is a manufacturer approved location where the computer can be easily installed and configured. Delta and Energy Toolbase have collaborate and agreed upon an established methodology. The Acumen EMS™ can be mounted directly to the panel located to the left of the SPD104 terminal block (please refer to Acumen_Delta_Samsung Wiring Diagram & Schematic - EMS_4 for more detail). From this location all EMS field wiring should be accessible.
2.2 EMS power source
The EMS unit will require a 9-24V/ 20W power source which can be supplied off a direct line into the power block terminal or via a manufacturer supplied power cord. Please consult the PC manufacturer instructions shipped with the industrial PC.
The source should be resilient and fed through a UPS when available on site to preserve site control in the event of a power outage during system operation. A source of at least 20 watts is recommended for resilient operation of the system.
With the installation of the Delta Electronics auxiliary power and controls cabinet, a resilient and suitable power source is available via one of the TBDC 24V fuses provided. The TBDC 24V terminal block is powered by FU139 and is back up by UPS. (please refer to Acumen_Delta_Samsung Wiring Diagram & Schematic - EMS_4 for more detail).
2.3 Mounting eGauge 4015 meter
Please review Acumen EMS Installation Instructions, Section 3, for details on eGuage installation. Within the Delta Electronics auxiliary power and controls cabinet a manufacturer approved location is again available for a clean and neat installation with the Delta ESS.
Along the side left wall of the controls cabinet a reserved space is available for suitable mounting and field wiring of the eGauge meter. If DIN rail has not been previously installed, installer must mount using best practices to ensure a proper seal maintains the cabinets outdoor rating (please refer to Acumen_Delta_Samsung Wiring Diagram & Schematic - EMS_4 for more detail).
2.4 Local device networking connections
Once the Acumen EMS™ and meter have been installed the EMS needs to be connected to the internet and all devices need to be connected to the local device communications network (please refer to Acumen_Delta_Samsung Wiring Diagram & Schematic - EMS_2 for more detail).
- Connect the EMS to the LAN. Use a CAT-6 cable to connect from PC ethernet port LAN2 to “DEVICE NETWORK SWITCH” shown on EMS_2.
- Connect the PCS to the Network Switch. Locate CNJ16, RJ-45 terminal, on the J-board inside the PCS cabinet. The ethernet output from the CNJ16 terminal will then connect to the “DEVICE NETWORK SWITCH” shown on EMS_2.
- Connect the Battery Cabinet to Network Switch. Locate Moxa MODBUS Gateway in Battery Cabinet, RJ-45 terminal. The ethernet output from the RJ-45 terminal will then connect to the “DEVICE NETWORK SWITCH” shown on EMS_2.
- Connect the meter to the LAN. Use a CAT-6 cable to connect from the meter ethernet port to a port on the “DEVICE NETWORK SWITCH” inside the Delta Aux Power & Control cabinet.
- Connect EMS to the internet. Use CAT-6 cable to connect EMS PC LAN1 to external internet supply from site.
1) Additional meters for circumstances like difficult cabling runs (+300ft.) can be supported by the EMS. Please consult Energy Toolbase Inc. for further instruction when installing
2) Acumen EMS Installation Instructions: Section 4 outlines local networking/firewall requirements for device communications.